There are many challenges to starting up a business, not least the need to have a strong business proposition and the commitment and energy to succeed. Your time is likely to be a very precious commodity and you will want to focus on the areas where you can build profitability quickly.
Crucial areas where many entrepreneurs feel vulnerable and inexperienced are finance and law. However, such knowledge is not a prerequisite to success when professional firms such as ours have the expertise and experience you need.
Funding, in particular, is vital in the early stages of a business. We have the professional connections to give you access to sources of finance from grants and standard bank lending to venture capital. We can also help with putting together funding proposals, giving you the best possible chance of success without exposing you to risk.
In addition to our assistance with sources of finance, we can help any business start-up with:
- Advice on the most appropriate structure (limited company, limited liability partnership, partnership or sole trader)
- Assistance with registration procedures (e.g. Companies House and HMRC), business compliance and administration
- Preparation of, or guidance on, business plans, budgets, cash flow projections and forecasts - giving you solid foundations for growth
- Set-up of recording systems
- Advice on suitable software and hardware for financial management
- Guidance on developing beneficial relationships with banks and other financial institutions
- Services for VAT, PAYE, NI, corporation tax, bookkeeping, personal tax and company secretarial requirements
- Sound professional advice on how to grow your business, obtain investment, and prepare it for succession or sale
- We have ensured that many start-ups have all their financial and legal obligations covered from day one, and then supported them as they grew into thriving and resilient businesses - and we can do the same for you.
At any time, you can have access to one of our senior team - giving you the reassurance of expert, independent advice to keep you on track.
Please get in touch to discuss any of our business start-up services.
For more information on the different business structures you could choose, see the Business Advisory Guide section in our Knowledge Bank.